Thursday, October 2, 2014

Throwback Thursday.. His, Mine and ours.....

Josh, Jake, Gryffyn, Braydden and Quincy

Life back then wasn't easy, not only were we trying to build a house and develop a solution to our electric problem, we were also combining our two families into one...

Trust me when you go from being a family of 2 to a family of five, then six, then seven.... there is a huge learning curve. Our first two years of marriage had many changes and many, many challenges.

John's sons, Josh and Jake, were 18 and 16 when we got married. My son Gryffyn was 7. I don't know what made us think that all of them being boys would be so much easier than if they were girls... WRONG! The age difference was a huge factor in how well the boys got along. Don't get me wrong, they didn't fight, but there just wasn't the connection we were looking for. Our first year of marriage brought our fourth son Braydden, and a short 15 months after that we welcomed our only daughter Quincy. Like I said it wasn't easy, but we managed to bring all the kids together and get our house finished, with a power source. Whew!!



Gryffyn and Braydden

Braydden wasn't sure what to think of his new baby sister.

A rare photo of me, usually I am behind the camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment